Amaze your friends and family with these hemp trivia factoids. Pass them on and help educate the planet.
1. Hemp is the oldest cultivated fiber plant in the world.
2. In ancient Egypt the Pharohs used hemp in building the pyramids.
3. Hemp seed is one of the most nutritional foods on the planet.
4. Hemp oil is the richest known source of essential fatty acids - even more than fish oil.
5. Hemp produces 10 times more methanol than corn and is earths #1 biomass resource.
6. One acre of hemp can yield as much usable fiber as 4 acres of trees or 2 acres of cotton.
7. One acre of hemp produces as much paper as 4 acres of trees.
8. 50% of the worlds pesticides are used to grow cotton. Hemp can be grown naturally.
9. Hemp fibers make a garment 4 times stronger than cotton and eliminates shrinkage.
10. Hemp clothing is easy to care for and can be put in the washer and dryer safely.
11. 100% of the hemp plant can be used commercially - fibers, biomass fuel and animal feed.
12. The US Government paid farmers to grow Hemp for Victory during WWI and WWII.
13. Industrial hemp is not marijuana - if you smoke it you simply get a headache.
Over 30 industrialized democracies distinguish hemp from marijuana.
So why is it illegal to grow hemp in the USA?
How did it become a banned substance is the US?
Its an interesting story...
...Just follow the money!